Sunday, October 12, 2014

Thank You.

I am very fortunate to be able to create Jewellery for a living. Somehow I was born already in love with the challenge of creating beautiful objects. The passion to create comes through me and when I am connected with that energy, I am at my most grounded and elated and focused all at the same time. 

Part of being an artist is having a viewer of the art. And I'm also a very practical gal, so I love the fact that I can create something that is meaningful for others and has a purpose beyond simple accessorizing. 

I am very grateful to be part of the process of connecting people to each other and being a way for someone to express their love or sympathy for another. Those words have become so cliché that they hardly represent the deep emotion that people feel in times of loss and sadness. 

I am profoundly moved by the stories behind the jewellery that I create for people. There are heartbreaking stories about losing a child, a husband, a companion, a best friend, multiple miscarriages and so on. And also the joyful celebrations I get to commemorate; new babies, marriages, and how to get all those family members on one charm! That's a happy challenge. And to those people who come to me for a charm for every milestone or birthday or Christmas, how lucky I feel that my work is chosen as a way to mark these occasions. 

I want to thank you all for allowing me and my work to be in your lives. I am honored to be a part of the process of loving and grieving and caring and celebrating. I am blessed that what I love to do can be a part of something meaningful for you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families, I hope you are all surrounded with the people you love!




No comments: